Primary Health Benefits of Avocados
The avocado fruit is plucked from the avocado tree, a flowering plant classified in the family Lauraceae. The avocado tree is native to the Central America and Mexico and historians indicate that the avocado was discovered and cultivated in Mexico almost 7000 years ago.
In the present world, avocado is grown commercially in tropical and subtropical countries such as Mexico, United States, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Peru, Haiti, South Africa, Vietnam and Indonesia because of its popular demand among the public that keeps on increasing as a result of scientific researches which keep on discovering many amazing health benefits of avocado fruit.
How Many Avocados can you Eat in a day?
Read this article to know why you should Eat at least one Avocado a day or a serving per meal—and be totally healthy and safe.
Health Benefits Of Avocado
- An avocado consists of 77% plant fat. These are good fatty acids and include oleic acid which is a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid.
- The lipid content of Avocado can combat acute myeloid leukemia also known as AML and AML leukemia by targeting and destroying the leukemia causing stem cells.
- Avocado’s with the help of their rich carotenoid levels provide ultimate protection against many types of cancer including colon cancer.
- Avocado’s monounsaturated fatty acids are known to be extremely beneficial for the heart.
- Avocado’s are rich in potassium, vitamin K, vitamin E, Vitamin C and B vitamins which are all essential nutrients and are known to aid in many functions of the body.
- Avocado’s aid in regulating the blood sugar levels.
- Avocado’s have lutein which is extremely beneficial for eye health.
- Avocado’s oleic acid content is very helpful in keeping the heart healthy. They control the blood pressure.
- Avocado’s have folic acid that controls the homocysteine levels.
- Avocado’s have Glutathione which is a powerful antioxidant that aids the body systems and Boosts the Immune Systems.
- Avocado’s are full of fiber which is why avocado consumption makes a person feel full faster and eating less. Hence, they aid in weight loss.
- Avocado consumption can aid women with a healthy pregnancy.
- Eating Avocado’s keep the brain healthy.
- Avocado’s aid digestion and they are antidiarrheal.
- Avocado’s have anti-aging properties.
Half an avocado approximately has 150 calories, 15 grams of unsaturated fat and only 2 grams of saturated fat. Health Benefits Of Avocado means that daily consumption of avocado’s can do wonders for your health.