Your body has the natural ability to heal itself from diseases, but what do you do if you happen to suffer from long-lasting conditions? Chronic conditions such as stroke, diabetes, and heart disease are long-lasting and do not resolve independently (Plasma).
This is where Clifton regenerative medicine comes in. The clinic uses highly- advanced techniques like platelet-rich plasma injections and stem-cell injections that help the body grow new cells, knit damaged tissues back together, and relieve pain. Please schedule an appointment with them.
How does platelet-rich Plasma Treatment work?
During treatment, the physician uses the platelets derived from your blood to relieve pain and aid in healing. The doctor draws some blood from you and processes it through the centrifuge machine. The machine spins your blood quickly to divide it into two components: the red blood cells and highly concentrated platelet plasma.
The presence of a potent growth factor in the platelets stimulates healing and relieves pain. When your platelet-rich plasma around the injury is injected, you will receive pain relief in a few weeks. However, the healing process will depend on many conditions such as the severity of damaged tissues and other necessary treatment in the recovery.
What are the conditions treated with platelet-rich plasma?
- Knee and ankle sprains
- Cervical spine disc pain
- Lumbar spine disc pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff injuries and tears
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunctions
- Muscle and tendon injuries and tears
What are the benefits of platelet-rich plasma?
- Increased functionality and range of motion
- Natural healing procedures
- A practical solution to avoid delayed surgery
- Improved pain relief and decreased inflammation
How does stem-cell therapy work?
A stem cell is the master cell of your body. Stem cells can convert to any cell type in the body making them very important in regenerative medicine when your body needs specific, new cells for healing. Stem cells are mainly found in the bone marrow and adipose tissue in your body. The physician at the clinic will deliver local anesthesia to keep you comfortable and then harvest the stem cells through an incision from your abdomen.
The fatty tissue and bone marrow are then taken into a centrifuge machine to isolate the stem cells. This is followed by injection of the stem cell where needed. You will see the results in a few weeks and experience pain relief in six months.
What are some of the benefits of stem cell therapy?
Stem cell injections are most commonly used for the treatment of the below conditions:
- Muscular tears
- Non-healing bone fractures
- Spinal conditions including Spinal Manipulation
- Partial rotator cuff tears
- Cartilage tears in your knee
- Persistent tendon tears such as tennis elbow
- Osteoarthritis of the joints including the knee
What are the benefits of regenerative medicine?
- Shorter recovery time compared to surgery
- Low inflammation and improved pain relief
- Natural healing procedure
- No anesthesia is required
- A practical solution to avoid or delay surgery
To sum up what has been discussed above, dealing with pain and movement problems resulting from wear-and-tear or a sudden injury needs fast pain relief. Nonsurgical regenerative medicine will be the best option. To learn more about the procedure, please call or use the online platform to schedule an appointment at the clinic.