Table of Contents
What is Vaginal Yeast Infection or Vaginal Candidiasis
Vaginal yeast infection, which is also sometimes termed as vulvovaginal candidiasis, occurs when the healthy yeast that usually lives in your vagina grows out of control. Yeast infection irritates the vagina; symptoms are itching, soreness, pain during urination & sex, vaginal yeast infection is begun at organism inside the vagina, inflammation around the vagina called value and often we say it fungus infection.
Yeast is very irritating infection grows & stays at the vagina and can be rapidly converted to a large number of cells will really bother your routine life. Yeast infection is simple and easily treated, most of the yeast infections are not supposed to be sexually transmitted disease, but the fungus can spread from one person to another through oral, vaginal contact and scientifically called candida.
Yeast Infection Symptoms
Normally in women yeast infection has a common type of symptoms, but however it depends on case to case and length of the disease period, early diagnosis will have less severity of symptoms compared to others who have to carry infection from a long period of time.
- Yeast infection symptoms can be mild to moderate type in both men & women. Symptoms are itching, irritation outside or inside the vagina vulva.
- Massive burning sensation during intercourse or passing the urination
- Sore, redness, swilling inside the vagina vulva
- Large or small amounts of vaginal discharge whitish-gray and thick Pain during se
- Male will feel itching at penis after sex with an infected sex partner
Yeast infection also referred vaginitis yeast, candida vaginitis or vulvovaginitis, around 85% of yeast infection caused by Candida Albicans. Candida yeast infection can attach at your skin, throat, blood, and mouth.
Without any symptoms healthy women contains the candida in the vagina, yeast can be transmitted through sexual relations, but not been considered it STD, although 75% of women carry yeast infection due to disruption of the normal balance of protective bacteria.
Antibiotics also cause in women in balance, high estrogen level, or hormone therapy is the reasons for yeast infection in women. But keep in mind if you have more than four-times a yeast infection then must visit a doctor for treatment.
Why it’s Complicated?
Complicated yeast infection such as candida will take a long time to be treated and required a massive course of treatment in server cases. If yeast symptoms are severe redness, sores, or tears inside the vaginal tissues, candida other than Albicans. If you are pregnant, a high level of diabetes or week immune system then required long term medical therapy.
- Doctors often ask for 14 days of antifungal creams like Lotgicort G and Canesten.
- Three doses of Diflucan not for pregnant women, often long term oral medication Diflucan for six weeks once tablet a week.
- Use of protection or condom during sex
How Yeast Infection is Diagnose in Women
Doctors can easily diagnose the yeast infection & its procedure is very simple. Initially, doctors will ask the history of the patient, if she has previously any yeast infection or reason is sexually transmitted disease. Once the doctor discovers all history, then vaginal culture is sent to the lab for testing the yeast infection.
Yeast infection is very common in women recognized candidiasis medically in the inner or outer side of vaginal areas with severe itching, burning & swelling because of fungus. There are three kinds of vaginal yeast infections in women can be sexually transmitted disease but normally not considered it sexually transmitted infection.
Yeast infection should be treated, and treatment is very simple if you visit your doctor will guide the medical prescriptions depends on case to case.
In women, candida genus is always present naturally microorganism of the vagina, if hormones level in women is balanced yeast candida will not be active unless there are an imbalance of hormones and causes the massive growth of yeast infection.
Doctors often recommend the conventional treatments and lab test will help the doctor that which type of candida infection is and how to treat the infection.
Top Reasons How Yeast Infection Grows in Women
Usage of antibiotics lowers the amount of lactobacillus, good bacteria in the vagina
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Weak immune system
- Poor eating attitudes, including a lot of sweet foods
- Hormonal imbalance
- Lack of sleep
How to Treat Yeast Infection
Yeast infection in women can be cured very easily but depends on the severity of infection or symptoms. Normally doctors recommend the antifungal creams or oral medications plus home remedies to treat the infection.
- Your doctor will identify the severity of yeast infection and recommend the prescription accordingly. Anti fungal cream is often prescribed by doctors for two or three days along with anti fungal medications like Lotrimin, Terazol, and Monistat.
- a single dose of Diflucan oral medication is recommended
- Keep the vaginal area clean, use anti-allergic soap, after using toilet wipe it from both sides
- Suppositories or Ointments kept inside the vaginal area