Table of Contents
No doubt playing sports improves health and reduces stress. But to maintain fitness, you will need the help of a physiotherapist. Physiotherapy treatments have provided effective results for the well-being of athletes. It not only helps them in Sports Injuries but also ensures they stay healthy in the long-term.
8 Most Common Sports Injuries
The Most Common Sports Injuries that a physiotherapist can help you with include:
- Ankle sprain
- Shin splints
- Groin pull
- Hamstring sprain
- Tennis elbow
- Achilles Rupture
- ACL tear
- Knee Injuries
There are several techniques that a physio in sport uses to help athletes in sports. The decision depends on the intensity of the injury the athlete is dealing with at the current time. A physiotherapist can help the athletes by providing Quick Relief from the pain Before further tests for proper treatment.
Physiotherapy Treatments for Sports Injuries
The treatments that a physiotherapist in sport can provide you include,
This therapy is used to improve movement, strength, and flexibility in the short and long term. It is also beneficial in providing quick relief from the pain. The benefits of exercise therapy for athletes are mentioned in the following list.
- Muscle activation
- Increased mobility with stretching exercises
- Helps in core strengthening, stability, and balance
- Strength training increases the endurance and control
- Functional movement
- Improves cardio fitness
The therapy includes exercises to be performed in the water. It is an effective way to ease up the stiffness in the muscles. It also relaxes the muscles by supporting the body’s weight. In addition to this, it can also help the patients by relieving the pain.
Note: To get this treatment, you don’t need to know how to swim.
The most common benefits athletes have enjoyed during this physiotherapy treatment in Edmonton include,
- Soothing of aching joints and muscles
- Strengthening of muscles with water’s natural resistance
- The flotation in water helps reduces the effect of gravity from the troubling joints and muscles
- The hydrostatic pressure supports the athletes to improve their stability and balance in the long run
As compared to other treatment techniques, this one has the highest compliance rate and less pain level throughout the process.
With the techniques like traction, massages, Trigger Point Therapy, and stretches, the physiotherapists help you get quick relief from acute pains. The immediate benefits that you can see with manual therapy comprise of:
- Relaxation of tensed muscles
- Reduction of scar tissues
- Stretches and lengthens the fascia
The technique of acupuncture involves the insertion of small needles on the affected part to relieve the pain. Acupuncture treatment is mostly associated with alleviating stress and anxiety, but the athlete can also enjoy its benefits in the form of:
- Increased blood circulation for optimal body healing
- Improved flexibility and range of motion by releasing the knots in the muscle
- Decreased inflammation
- Increased T-cells in the body to give a better immune system
To get any of the treatments mentioned above, you can visit Regenerate Physio. They have been providing physiotherapy treatments for athletes to improve their overall well-being.
Benefits of Physiotherapy
We have seen the techniques that physiotherapist use on their patients to give them the desired result. To summarize everything, the benefits of going to a physiotherapist clinic as an athlete comprises of:
- Physiotherapy helps in restoring the full function quickly
- It assists in quick recovery so you can go back to playing
- It also reduces the pain and inflammation due to injury
- Physiotherapy assists in strengthening the muscles
- It also minimizes the risk of injuries in the future
- Improves coordination and balance
- Improves cardio fitness and flexibility
As an athlete, you will find a physio very helpful in sports. They will help in improving health and lifestyle, so you give the best performance throughout your career.