If you are struggling with acne, severe or not, you are likely desperate to find some sort of Home Remedies to Treat Acne that will clear up your complexion. However, a common issue that many people run into while looking for a way to get rid of acne is that most treatments are expensive and time-consuming.
Home Remedies to Treat Acne
Most acne treatments have to be prescribed by a dermatologist and seeing a dermatologist can take time. Some people have to wait months to see their doctor; for example, someone seeking acne scar treatment in NYC may have to schedule his or her appointment up to 3 months in advance. With that being said, what is a person struggling with acne supposed to do in the meantime? Just wait?
Are you struggling with acne and are waiting to see a dermatologist? Or have you visited a dermatologist and had little to no luck with prescription medications? You’re not alone, and it may be in your best interest to try some at-home remedies to treat your acne.
Try These At Home Remedies to Treat Your Acne
At-home remedies are often simple and affordable and come from holistic roots. At-home acne treatment is something worth trying while you wait to see a doctor if you aren’t having any luck with your current treatment. Here are the top 4 most popular home remedies that are known for treating acne.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known for its bacteria and virus fighting agents. Apple cider vinegar contains organic acids that are known to kill and build us that causes acne. Here is how to use apple cider vinegar to treat your acne:
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 3 parts water and apply to the skin using a cotton ball
- Let the mixture sit on your face for 5-20 seconds and rinse with water
- Do this 1-2 times a day; ideall in the morning and at night for the best results
It’s important to point out that apple cider vinegar can burn the skin of those with sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, use more water in the mixture to dilute the vinegar.
2. Try a Cinnamon and Honey Face Mask
Cinnamon and honey both feature antioxidants that are key in reducing acne. Likewise, these two ingredients also contain anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help those with acne-prone skin. To reap the benefits of cinnamon and honey, make a cinnamon and honey mask, here’s how:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 teaspoon of cinnamon together to create a paste
- Apply this paste to your face after cleaning and leave it on for about 15 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry
It will be worth your while to try to do this mask 1-2 times a week to get rid of and prevent acne.
3. Green Tea May Be the Solution You Have Been Searching For
Green tea is beneficial for the body in a number of different ways. When it comes to acne, green tea is high in antioxidants and known to fight bacteria and reduce skin inflammation. There are countless green tea products on the market, however, if you are interested in creating your own, here’s how:
- Steep green tea in a tea pot of boiling water for about 4 minutes
- After the tea has cooled, pour the tea into a small spray bottle and spray it on your face after cleansing
- Once the green tea has dried, rinse it off with warm water
4. Try Tree Tea Oil
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that is known for its fighting bacteria and reducing skin irritation and inflammation. When compared to benzoyl peroxide tea tree oil is a better option as it does not cause dryness, burning, or irritation. Here is how you can use tea tree oil to help with your acne struggles:
- Mix 1 part tea tree oil and 9 parts water
- Dip a cotton swab in your mixture and apply on the face; repeat morning and nightly
You can also moisturize your face on top of this mixture if need be.
Consider These Tips Today
Acne can have a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, especially if the acne becomes cystic; and waiting for a doctor/results from prescription medicine can be stressful. If this is something you are struggling with, consider trying these at-home remedies in the meantime. You may even find that your body responds better to at-home remedies than anything else.