Table of Contents
Micronutrients are an essential part of our diet and play many critical roles in our body. Multivitamins and minerals help us to stay active throughout the day, and not getting enough of any single vitamin source can make us feel lethargic and dizzy.
Although a balanced diet should be enough to justify your daily vitamin requirement, a failure of the same can cause weakness in the body. Multivitamin tablets or capsules provide a blend of essential vitamins and minerals that help in fulfilling your daily nutrient intake without any hassle. Supplements are the most convenient way of preventing any chances of nutritional deficiencies related to micronutrients.
Food Sources of Multivitamins:
Here is a list of some healthy food items that can cover most of the essential vitamins and minerals requirements:
- Kale: This nutrient-dense food is high in fibre, potassium, manganese, vitamin B6 and iron.
- Seaweed: It is an excellent source of Vitamins A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B and iodine.
- Liver: This nutritious food is rich in iron, copper, vitamin A, vitamin B12, and folate.
- Brazil Nuts: Brazil nuts are a great source of calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin E.
- Shellfish: Oysters and clams are the most nutritious shellfishes packed with potassium, iron, selenium, zinc, magnesium, iron, vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sardines: Sardines are a rich source of DHA and EPA (essential omega-3 fatty acids), calcium and selenium.
- Yellow Bell Peppers: Bell peppers are the best dietary sources of vitamin C, vitamin K1, vitamin E, vitamin A, folate, and potassium.
- Cod Liver Oil: This nutrient-rich food is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids.
In case if you fail to add these food items in your daily diet, then you can always opt for best quality multivitamin capsules or tablets. Some of the best brands for purchasing multivitamins are TrueBasics, HealthKart, GNC, MuscleBlaze, Tara Nutricare, INLIFE and Natures Velvet.
Different multivitamin supplements provide different benefits because of their composition. Depending on the medical conditions or needs, one can opt for the health supplements that suit their requirements.
Some of the benefits of using multivitamins are as follows:
- Multivitamin supplements that contain vitamin C and zinc are great for boosting your immunity
- Supplements that contain folate are suitable for pregnant women to prevent congenital disabilities of the brain or spine of the foetus
- Multivitamins that contain calcium are great for maintaining healthy bones
- The combination of vitamin D and vitamin K helps in enhancing the calcium absorption in the body
- Multivitamins that contain ashwagandha help reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Many multivitamin tablets also support muscle building
- Some supplements contain useful vitamin sources which support healthy weight loss
- Supplements that contain iron and vitamin B helps in increasing blood in your body
- Biotin supplements help in maintaining healthy hair
There are a lot of multivitamin supplements available in the market; most of them are extremely safe and pose no threat to health. However, you should always consult a doctor before starting any vitamin or mineral supplements to avoid any unpleasant experience.