Green Tea and Coffee – these two are probably the most sought-after and popular choices when it comes to morning beverages. Some people also drink them at night. But what most people do not know or seem to fail to understand is that these two beverages also help in weight loss and weight management.
For years now, people have been consuming Green Tea and coffee for several different reasons. For example, the caffeine content in coffee is what helps people stay awake when the going gets tough and are in for late-night shifts galore. Green tea is opted for by people who want to detox or keep their body healthy. It also has a certain amount of caffeine in them but not as much as coffee.
Green Tea and Coffee works in weight management
Weight management and weight loss is something that you can achieve by consuming coffee and green tea as well. Today, we shall elucidate on how green tea and coffee helps people to manage their weight effectively.
Green Tea and Coffee works wonders in weight management – Know-how
Obesity is becoming a major problem in our society and not a lot of people know how to deal with it. We need to watch what we eat and drink to ensure that our health does not become a primary concern for ourselves. As it is, we all lead a really busy life and deal with hectic schedules. The last thing we need is weight management problems.
Let us first read about how consuming green tea can help in weight management:
- Contains caffeine and other compounds that aid in weight loss – Green tea contains caffeine (not as much as coffee) but it is just about enough to give the consumer a mild caffeine effect. Studies have shown that caffeine is one of the most effective stimulants when it comes to fat burning. So drinking green tea before working out can enhance the fat burning process. Also, it is loaded with antioxidants that flush out the toxins and keeps the body healthy. Moreover, it is an economical way to lose weight. You can always check and compare Green tea price online to select the variant that suits your budget and also serves the best quality.
- Break down fat from the fat cells – It is a fact that if you want to burn the fat, you will first need to break it down in the fat cells and then allow it to move into the bloodstream. This process is really difficult but extensive studies have shown that consuming green tea can help speed up the process. Green tea contains active compounds that aid the breakdown of fat. The main antioxidant in tea which is EGCG helps increase the norepinephrine hormone in the body which acts as a catalyst in the fat breakdown process.
- Catechins help in fat burning – Almost every other weight-loss or fat burning supplement will contain green tea as one of the main components. You can verify this by studying the ingredient list as well. Green tea extracts are infamous for helping in fat burning both during and after exercise. A thorough study was conducted that showed that the catechins in green tea enhanced and sped up the fat burning process both during exercise and during rest.
- Increase the metabolism rate of the body – The human body is constantly burning calories, no matter what state it is in. Our body burns calories when resting when eating and so on. Now, green tea contains EGCG compounds that help to burn a lot more calories and a lot faster, even if you are just resting. Therefore, if you want to lose weight or manage weight, you need to consume green tea every day, at least once.
- Lose Abdominal Fat – The most harmful and the most resistant fat in our body is abdominal fat. No matter how hard you work or how many miles you run, losing abdominal fat is a real challenge. It is also quite harmful. The active compounds and substances in green tea and its extracts help in burning abdominal fat faster.
Now that we know how green tea helps us lose fat, let us talk a little about how coffee can help us lose fat:
- Low calories – When on a weight loss programme, the first thing we do is cut off or cut down on all food items with high-calorie content. Consuming coffee is great because it fits right into the low-calorie diet. Coffee is a low-calorie beverage that you can consume throughout the day without putting on additional weight. There are n-number of premium brands such as greenbrrew coffee that are focused on delivering the best quality coffee to its consumers. You can try such brands and add them to your diet for a rejuvenating experience.
- Boosts the metabolism rate – Coffee is one of the richest sources of caffeine and studies have shown that caffeine can increase the metabolism rate in people. In comparison to the three most popular beverages (soda, coffee and tea), coffee contains the largest amount of caffeine, which means coffee can largely increase your metabolism rate, which, in turn, can help you in weight management.
- Reduces the appetite – For most of us, the root cause of obesity and irregular weight gaining is disorderly eating habits. We give in to our hunger pangs and eat whatever we find, regardless of how it affects our diet. This is where we go wrong. However, if we can somehow control our hunger and appetite, then we can shed a lot of weight, the right way. Caffeine is known to reduce appetite to a great extent and since coffee is rich in caffeine, drinking coffee throughout the day (evenly and strategically planned consumption) can help you to lose a lot of weight, much faster.
The above information is for those who are looking for a weight management programme and are struggling with what beverages to opt for or how to go about it. Keep it simple, believe in yourself and keep hydrating yourself with coffee and green tea.