Table of Contents
Eat Seafood 😛 , not only delicious, but also rich in nutrients. However, in the past ten years, sea areas around the world have been seriously polluted. If you accidentally eat contaminated seafood, you will be food poisoning, and in severe cases, it can lead to death.
You should buy seafood at a reliable store. When purchasing frozen seafood, you should pay attention to the store’s freezing equipment and storage methods. Before eating seafood, you may wish to refer to the following precautions for preventing seafood poisoning:
Fish and shrimp
- Try to buy live seafood, because seafood spoils quickly. Especially when buying crabs, it is best not to buy dead crabs.
- If cooked lobster has a fishy smell, don’t eat it. Fresh lobster should not have a fishy smell.
- If chilled seafood has a strong fishy smell, it may have begun to deteriorate.
- Don’t eat the green “lobster liver” in lobster. Although some people find it delicious, these organs (liver) store toxins, which may cause food poisoning.
Shellfish: Types, Nutrition, Benefits
- For seafood such as clams, oysters, mussels, and clams, check whether their shells are still tightly closed before cooking, or throw them away.
- For seafood with crustaceans, scrub the shell with clean water before cooking.
- Buy fresh abalone, razor clams, or geoduck. You can touch them with your hands and choose live and moving ones.
- Before cooking the shellfish, soak it in light salt water for about an hour to let it spit out the mud and sand. The soaking time should not be too long, otherwise the original fresh seafood will be contaminated by some of the rotten ones.
Nutritional ingredients and functions of shellfish
Shellfish include mussels, clams, abalone, scallops, etc.; crustaceans include shrimp, crab, lobster, etc. They have low fat and low calories, and are nutritious foods. Shellfish and crustacean seafood are rich in protein , vitamins and minerals , and other important nutrients.
Main nutritional analysis of shellfish
|Produce red blood cells and maintain the nervous system|
|Formation of protein, wound healing and development of reproductive organs, prevention of heart disease|
Selenium and Vitamin E
|Promote the normal growth of the human body and maintain reproductive capacity.|
|Antioxidant, has anti-cancer effect; eliminates the toxicity of toxic metals such as mercury and cadmium|
Fatty acids (FFAs)
|Prevent heart and circulatory system diseases; help the health of brain cell membrane and eye retina|
Of course, in addition to the aforementioned nutrients, crustaceans and shellfish also contain many other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B1 , B2 , nicotinic acid, magnesium and iodine .
Harmful & What Is the Risk of Shellfish?
Shellfish and shellfish Because they contain purines, they are more likely to cause allergic reactions than fish and meat foods. People with allergies can cause skin hives if they eat them. And gout patients eat, can increase the blood uric acid content, aggravate the condition.